The Holly Run

by Adam on 24, October, 2015

holly run 2015

As inevitable as a bike that Mr Dodger has serviced falling apart within ten miles the Holly Run is upon us.

After the past couple of years we thought it may make a nice little change to step out into the Shropshire countryside for a breath of fresh air. Guvnors’ Assembly Head Quarters this year is at the Crown Hotel in Nantwich.

From our base we shall sally fourth on a little escapade of high jinx and daring do, hopefully with a pleasant interlude or two on route, and of course a pub lunch at some point.

As ever, and is the Guvnor’s way, all are more than welcome. Ride off on the Saturday will be about 9:30 ante meridian (terribly sorry, short days and all that) although Sunday will be a much more civilised affair with a gentle spin a spot of lunch and away on our separate ways.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Dodger October 24, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Harsh…….

Dodger

«AK» - Swiss Bob October 28, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I beg to differ: ‘as predestined as Mr Adam estimating miles so ridiculously wrong’, seems a more adequate simile (ten miles?? I rode at least forty till that first mishap!) ..
And by the way, as err… ‘poetic’ it might sound, a quasi-local you should know better as to describe the heath- and woodland in between Sway, Brockenhurst and Lymington as ‘flat as a pool table’ – or was that a (rather poor) attempt to make me laugh – after all that sweat, blood and tears – for a change? x AK

Dodger October 28, 2015 at 8:01 pm

…. Yeah what she said,… derrrrrr…. 40 miles (i unfortunately only give warranties for the first 35)

Honest Dodger

Pip October 29, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Apart from the very uncomfortable ‘budget’ saddle,the wobbly cranks,poorly adjusted rear mech….and subsequent broken spoke !…..I thought it all went rather smoothly .

Dodger October 29, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Pahhh Cranks not my department…. Rear mech needed a little fine tuning i will accept…. Broken spoke nothing to do with mech, It was corroded

…anyway she still won, thats what matters… winning!

Dodger

«AK» - Swiss Bob November 4, 2015 at 7:14 pm

E x a c t l y : let me just quickly use this fine opportunity to stresst that point again: w h a t e v e r – I won ! That’s what matters… (plus me getting back to Lymington in one piece preferably .. even if the bike d i d actually fall apart).

Adam November 3, 2015 at 9:05 am

Fear not Dodger has shown me his new wheel building jig, I’m sure he’ll have a new one laced up and ready to roll before you can say “Should it do that?”

Foss November 7, 2015 at 12:12 am

You say that.

The Cycling Photographer November 9, 2015 at 5:10 pm

“Three wheels on my wagon……….”