London Rugby Tweed Run 2011 – After the Ride Part I

by Adam on 28, November, 2011

The weather in London was absolutely perfect for the ride, the autumnal air and the russet leaves on the trees adding wonderfully  to the atmosphere when four hundred Tweed clad cyclist gathered in Covent Garden for the start of the ride.

At this point I have a small confession to make, due to my over reliance on new fangled technology and the lack of a good old fashioned map Mrs Adam and I may have been a little late for the start of the ride by about twenty minuets. Very fortunately for us four Ralph Lauren ladies were also in the same boat and importantly had a route map. To my personal soundtrack of the Devil’s Gallop we set off in hot pursuit of the main ride, it might not have been the official start to the ride but to follow five lovely ladies around the streets of London has got to be one of the highlights of the ride for me.

We finally caught up with the main group at Hyde Park, to my eternal shame the Ralph Lauren ladies disappeared into the throng before I had time to thank them.

The combination of Malt Whisky fumes and exceptionally well dressed gentlemen made the Guvnor riders as easy group to spot as we went through the gates.

More to follow…

Please find enclosed a link to photographs by Mr Corky

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

The Cycling Photographer November 28, 2011 at 10:25 am

My present pallor, green=envy, is due only to not having joined such
a fine crew. I’m glad the weather held and that H.M.’s Treasury was
dutifully supported on licensed sales. I await more photographic evidence
from the weekend. Such bad news to hear of the unfortunate confrontation
by our south coast member the same weekend that fully comprehensive
insurance should be sort by cyclists………… a little more diligence by drivers
I should say. Enjoy your memories. Well done!
TCP.

Adam November 28, 2011 at 10:55 am

Mr Photographer, a real shame you couldn’t make the day. It was a joy to be able to put names to faces.

MGcC’s PR attack was a joy to behold!

The Cycling Photographer November 28, 2011 at 11:01 am

Pray tell more….. P.R. attack? Against whom and benefitting whom?

Duchy Wheeler November 28, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Nice set of photos Mr Corky……… perhaps you could provide a who’s who of faces and locations, for those who of us that didn’t attend what looks to have been a smashing day.
DW.

Corky November 28, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I’ve made a start…..

Wertie Booster November 28, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Mr Corky – a true pleasure to make your acquiantance sir – and an honour to adorn your wonderful collage above (bottom right hand corner for those who don’t know). In the same frames as Mr Tweed himself – I feel I am about to swoon with these dizzy heights I have now been elevated to!!
Pip Pip
Wertie Booster

Corky November 28, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Wertie, highlight of the day was our late night dash across London to catch the train – a proper ride !

Wertie Booster November 28, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Certainly was old chap!
I was struggling to cling on to your rear wheel – you were definitely giving it big revs through the London Saturday night traffic – my nerves and legs were like jelly by the time I arrived at Euston. Shame we never had time for a final pint of the day at the Doric Arch! Another time perhaps….
Pip Pip!

Adam November 28, 2011 at 10:56 pm

PR Attack = anyone who happened to cast a glance in Mr MGcC’s direction received a Guvnors’ Assembly business card and site sell.